Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Windows Vista

  1. #11
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista

    [ QUOTE ]
    i heard there was an issue with downloading/burning music off theinternet with this OS?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Could be with the improved security settings. Haven't heard anything about this yet, but it would definitely be crappy. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  2. #12
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista

    min RAM for it is 512 but really if you don't have 1GB of RAM the computer will run like crap for starters. I'd say stay away till they get a few kinks worked out. Even the one review that tested Vista with a gig of ram it still had trouble running it.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista

    im pretty sure its accurate, i read it on CNN or a website of the like about a month ago, can't find the link
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  4. #14
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista

    [ QUOTE ]
    i heard there was an issue with downloading/burning music off theinternet with this OS?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    yes, it is heavy on the proper use of digital music.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista

    [ QUOTE ]

    yes, it is heavy on the proper use of digital music.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    In that case, it's definitely a no-go right now.. who would want to sacrifice being able to download music for free!? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

    Surely someone will come up with a way to bypass this..

    [ QUOTE ]
    min RAM for it is 512 but really if you don't have 1GB of RAM the computer will run like crap for starters. I'd say stay away till they get a few kinks worked out. Even the one review that tested Vista with a gig of ram it still had trouble running it.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yeah in one of the Maximum PC (magazine) issues I got recently, it recommended 1 GB at the least and that 2 GB of RAM was the best way to go if you were upgrading to Vista.
    Officially retired

  6. #16
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: Windows Vista

    I talked to a person that has been taking training on the VISTA. He said XP to Vista is about the same as going from windows 95 to XP,, he didn't elaborate on the details and I didn't ask. He did mention there was a lot of security on VISTA that could track the user more readily.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista

    Yes, but Vista minimum requirments calls for 512 RAM. Walmart is selling PC's right now with Vista with the 512 of RAM.
    There is also an issue with the first boot of the VISTA system. It may take up to 30 minutes to boot. It will look like it has quit booting and it will be an issue for people who are not informed of this.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member imported_trio's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    1,341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista

    my computer has 2 GB thats well enough right?

  9. #19
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista

    [ QUOTE ]
    my computer has 2 GB thats well enough right?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    With 2 GB you should easily be fine..

    In fact I probably need to upgrade to 2 GB sometime soon because 1 GB just isn't hardly enough anymore today for the latest games. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  10. #20
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Windows Vista

    [ QUOTE ]
    my computer has 2 GB thats well enough right?

    [/ QUOTE ]
    yeah, you should be good to go
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •